Monday, September 6, 2010

A Bit Blue.....................

No, I'm not feeling blue, I've been making blue projects, and looking back at much of my past work, I find very little blue.  That is why I've made a point of mentioning the colour.  I don't know why more of my work isn't blue, I like blue.............I love blue!!!  Enough said on the matter.  These are an assortment of goodies I've made using the remaining map collage used for the gift box I finished last week.  

As you can see, nothing has been wasted.  The first and largest project was this journal cover.  Of course, being me, I couldn't finish without a trim of some sort.  I had this glittery velvet ribbon purchased at Spotlight for $2.00/roll [I just knew it would be useful one day!!].  It took ages to search my stash for just the right fabric use as a lining.  I had several possible pieces I could go with, but favoured this rather all over patterned/speckled piece.   I have only stitched a few meandering lines using straight machining, representing roads to here, there, and everywhere.  I thought this might make an excellent photo journal for a traveller.



Next on the agenda were these bookmarks [thanks to Robin for the idea - she is always making bookmarks for her local gallery].  Again a little bit of straight stitching, with aqua rayon satin stitch edges.  I was determined to use every last scrap of this, as it has become quite a talking point in my house [my husband really loves it].  I have been trying to find an excuse to do one of those little 'Inchies' for quite a while, but I wanted my 'Inchie' to actually be a little useful.  So, it has been transformed into this little scissor fob with the aid of some beading.  I purchased quite a few of these chain tassels from The Danish Flower Shop, Highfields, Toowoomba.  To add a little weight, I headpinned some blue glass bicones, and attached them to each of the chain ends.  I can see quite a few of these little 'Inchie' scissor fobs coming out of my sewing room.

While I'm on the blue theme, I'd like to share this little piece I made not long ago.  It was a kit sent to me by a friend.  She said she saw it at a craft fair, ie the large crystal bead in the packet, and instantly thought of me and my penchant for 'bling'.  I love this little scissor lariat, easy to put together, and a great way to keep your scissors handy [around your neck].   What a lovely surprise this was to receive.  I use it often.

6 comments:

DIAN said...

More lovely items Linda. I seem to be going through a bit of a pink phase and have to make a point of thinking of other colours to use.

I love the bookmarks. The journal cover is really lovely and shows the "map" off really well.

shirley said...

Blue in its various tones is a lovely colour..I was a twin and always got the blue dresses and the twin got the pink..

Radka said...

All very nice and usefull objects, Linda. I am always loosing my bookmarks. And my scissors very often go walkabout in workshops. The map design gives it an extra interest.

Anney said...

Just love the beaded scissor 'thingy'..I know you're a dab hand with beads.
Anney x

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! You've been so busy making things and taking such wonderful photos. Love catching up on what you have been doing.

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Linda is also made ​​beautiful, such a completely different, different your technique, for me, very pretty, I like this work!