Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Boys


It is no secret that dogs play an extremely important role in our lives here.  They do the work of several men at times, and are worth their weight in gold.  Today two of our good workers are celebrating their 11th birthday.  They are part of a littler of ten we bred.  Sadly, their mother [a short haired border collie] is no longer with us.  Their father, well, you've seen him on my blog previously, resting comfortably in a most precarious position..........LOL...............

This is a still shot taken from a video.  I think you will see how dangerous the work can be for these dogs.  This shot is a little grainy, so I do apologize for that.  Sadly, my upload speed here is not sufficient for me to post a full video of the dogs at work, which is a shame.  Perhaps in time, it will improve.   Hank [birthday boy] is the dog on the left.  Tag [on the right] has sadly left this world.  He was a workaholic, and there is a gaping hole in the arsenal since his departure.


I took this shot of Tex after he'd had some 'surgery'.  He became entangled in a disused barbed wire fence [whilst working], and needed ten stitches in his back foot.  I think the way he's looking at me he's wondering if the camera is some sort of food reward for not biting off his bandage!!!   You will notice his eyes.  One is brown, the other a pale blue.  We have a few with this characteristic. 


I hope you enjoy seeing these two guys.  They both have wonderful dispositions, wouldn't hurt a fly, just an obstinate beast.........LOL.................  They don't go to work every day now, and will be like their father, ie live out their days in retirement.  We owe them that much at least.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love see pictures of your dogs, Linda. Laurel

DIAN said...

Linda, thanks so much for sharing these pics of the dogs. I know they are well respected within your household.

I wonder how the country side and our primary industry would manage without the working dogs and horses.

Robin Mac said...

Happy birthday to both of them Linda, I hope they each got a nice big juice bone! Cheers, Robin

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Linda, Happy Birthday to the boys. They look very happy on there day. Thanks for sharing the photos. Hugs Judy

Radka said...

Your dogs look very fit and healthy, Linda, and their age at all:)