Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Déjà vu


Well, everyone, I don't like to revisit projects if at all possible, and you have all seen the giant quilt before, so why again you ask.  It has been professionally quilted, and is now bound, ready for it's ultimate purpose.   I will only show you small snippets of the quilt this time so you can see the beautiful all-over quilting pattern.  Actually, the back of the quilt isn't half bad - I'm thrilled with it actually.

Thankfully, I had just enough of the beige toned star fabric for a nice width binding.  This quilt is now going to be a gift to one of our members whose home was inundated by flood water during the January floods.  


My main purpose for posting this is to publicly thank the lady who did the quilting.  She was most generous with her time, and did this for our group free of charge, which I might add was a considerable saving to us.  Thank you so much Kathy!!


You can see her website here:  http://www.koolkatquilting.com.au/

We are hoping to present this quilt tomorrow at our monthly get together.  I cannot thank Kathy Adams enough for turning this hatched and patched quilt top into something so nice.  The straight line design she used is just beautiful. I feel it will be a tangible reminder of the friendship that endures between the ladies in our group. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous and so nice of Kathy Adams to donate her quilting time etc. I am sure that your friend will love and treasure it and it will go towards making her life a bit happier. There was so much devisation up in QLD and a few other places. I hope that we never see the likes of it ever again.

DIAN said...

Linda, you must be thrilled to have this quilt finished. Your own contribution to completing the quilt on time makes a lovely gift from your group. A great example of the generous spirit in the bush.

I have been wondering how the people of Condamine are doing at this stage.

Iceni UK said...

Your quilt is so special Linda, the friendships you have within your group is wonderful and the friend who receives this quilted treasure will be overwhelmed by your kindness. I suspect lots of hugs and tears will happen when she receives it.

Robin Mac said...

That is a glorious quilt Linda, I am sure the recipient will trerish it always. Have a happy Easter. Cheers

Juliettecherry said...

Such a kind thought for the lady who will be receiving this beautiful quilt. Sure she will value it so much and the friendship that has got it together.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Linda, the quilt is so very pretty and I am sure it will be much appreciated. Happy Easter Dear Linda to you and your family. Hugs Judy

shirley said...

What a beautiful quilt Linda, I am sure the recipient will just love it to bits. You have a wonderful community of kind people.

Radka said...

It is a lovely quilt, Linda :) I like the colours and the design. A very good result:)