Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sugar & Spice





Things have been rather crazy here lately, but I've managed to finish another knitting project, as well as a little pair of pants to go with my latest little cardigan.  I am not sure if the photograph is showing the colour correctly, but these little pants are made from very fine hot pink corduroy [everything of course was in my stash].  Oh, I do wish I had a sweet little baby to use to model this.  It would look so much nicer actually on a child the right size!!

I am quite happy with the little cardigan.  It's a rather more boxy and roomy design than the red one, and is a pattern I purchased online as an instant download - http://www.patternfish.com/  If you are at all interested in lovely patterns, that don't cost the earth, then I can recommend this site to you.  This pattern comes in about six sizes, and cost just under $6.00!!

I knew I wanted a little pair of pants with a contrast turn up to go with the cardigan.  I found this pattern in one of my Top Kids magazines, but I am not sure if this magazine is still going.  I always found it had rather spunky little fashions for kids.  I found a partly finished brushed moleskin skirt that I can use to make pants to go with the little red cardigan.  It's the traditional creamy beige coloured moleskin, and very soft - watch this space!!  It's so much fun making little clothes again.


 I hope the close-up will show you the lovely double moss stitch and cable design that is worked into the little cardigan.  I liked the idea of the collar, which I think makes it a little more dressy.   Of course, I again used my favourite twisted rib in the bands, etc.  The wool was some more that I purchased from that lovely store in Kyneton, Victoria -  http://www.pickupstitches.com.au/




Thank you all again so much for persisting with comments.  I am not at all sure what happens.  I have honestly never had a problem leaving a comment on other blogs.

I need to catch up on some bookwork now.  It's BAS time again, and today I finally received the Cash Book back from our accountant, so it will be clerical duties for me for a few days.













12 comments:

DIAN said...

What a sweet little outfit. Love the turn-up cuffs.

The moleskin sounds ideal. I discovered some red stretch denim in my stash so I hope to do some more sewing next week.

The new header is great. Is that just a new pic of the crop?

Radka said...

Firstly, a beautiful new header, Linda! It brings back memories of childhood in the country...I can hear the breeze gently blowing through on a warm summer day....It is all dairy cattle around here...
OK, back to your lovely post. It is so sweet, I love the turnups on the trousers :)) And sweet little cardi:)I am sure you will find a child who can wear it, it would be a shame not to :)

Frances Leate said...

What a cute little outfit and I love your little knitted jacket and the stitch patterns you have chosen. The new header photo is great. Take care.

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely little knitting pattern. For some very good free ones try Ravelry. The little trousers go with it beautifully

Anne

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Linda. I love aran knitting and the little pants look great with it too.

Karyn said...

The cardigan is gorgeous!! And the pants to go with it are perfect It is going to look so sweet on a little girl.
I recommend Ravelry too; I have only just joined but it is great; such a wealth of patterns out there.

The header you have now is really lovely; can't get any more Australian than a field full of wheat.

shirley said...

Your lovely little outfit makes me wish I had a little girl again to wear this. What size does the outfit fit.

I do like your new header, I too can feel the breeze blowing through the paddock and rustling the crop. Is this the same crop the storm hit.

Dianne said...

Love the header (play on words?) Linda. My Dad was a wheat farmer and I loved going out to him when he was on the header and giving him his lunch. I can still smell the wheat. The cardigan is so gorgeous and will go beautifully with the little pants. I admire your knitting.

Jen said...

Hello Linda! Love the new header photo of the wheat crop in the paddock gently blowing in the wind.Your baby knitting and sewing is just beautiful. I do Ravelry also and lots of free patterns there.Its good for a look now and then.

N. Maria said...

I can't believe I missed this! Your header IS truly beautiful...
The double moss stitch is so very useful in a sweater. I love to use it.
Super cute outfit. I would love a pair of pants like that....a little bigger, though. ;)

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Linda,
did you do these clothes beautifully, no words of delight!

Stitching Lady said...

This is a perfect little cardigan - and I know how much work it is - these little pieces, sewing together - knitting the front borders.
So well done