Tuesday, December 6, 2011

And some more crochet.................


I've finally managed to be in a position to take photographs of some more pieces I've done in crochet during the last few years.  These pieces all live with my daughter in law.  We were visiting [make that working] on the weekend, so I quickly snapped them to share here.  They were in use, so have not been pressed properly, ie just a tad bit on the crumpled side in places, sorry.  All have been worked in #40 cotton, in ecru, with two featuring the long time favourite design 'pineapple'.  Two were designs in Crochet Monthly, and the small mat came from an old Paragon book I've had for years.


I am sorry this is not going to be a long post.  The last few days have been quite busy here with us, and I really don't have too much time to devote to the computer today.  I hope these pieces will be enjoyed by my blog readers.  

As always, I thank you for your interest.  Your support is sincerely appreciated.

10 comments:

Radka said...

Oh dear, that brings back memories! Great work, Linda! I know how much work goes into it, I have done some myself, also from Crochet Monthly, mostly for other people, so no possibility of seeing them again. So nice for you that your daughter in law enjoys them:)

DIAN said...

Linda, these are beautiful pieces and lucky that you could find time to take the pics.

Thanks always for comments and support for my blog and my creative journey.

Stitching Lady said...

Oh, Linda, most beautiful. You must have enormous patience and good eyes (I can't complain myself). How lovely, that those treasures are with your children and that they appreciate them. You make wonderful work which I admire.

shirley said...

This is lovely Linda, I love the oval with the pineapple designs. I love the look of lovely lacey doileys around the home. Your work has such a professional look.

Dianne said...

Oh Linda, These pieces are divine. You seem to be able to turn your hand to anything and do it so well. Congrats. P.S. Happy belated birthday!

Juliettecherry said...

Mmm love them! #40 cotton is so very fine but looks so delicate. Wish Icould get that fine but being left-handed I don't hold mine the usual way so don't get a tight enough tension for fine work.

Looks like you have had a birthday, hope it was a very happy day.

Jenny said...

Just beautiful, and I am glad they are loved & in use. I have a cupboard full of crochet doilies but not of those patterns. Thanks for sharing.

Jensters said...

They are amazing Linda something i wish i could do....Try to take it easy my friend x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pieces! - katherine

Anney said...

Oh,what beautiful crochet..so delicate!Thanks for sharing..x